It’s the most hectic wonderful time of the year! A quick glance at our holiday events listing will send you reeling at all the opportunities for merry-making! There’s certainly more going on than even the busiest elf could do, so to help you out we’ve put together a list of five events that offer a look at what’s new and hot in Montgomery, or that offer a little something different this year!
1. Kress on Dexter Holiday Pop-up Market – December 8 & 9
Get the first look inside this highly anticipated renovation of the old Kress department store on historic Dexter Avenue! The Holiday Pop Up Market in Kress will be an authentic family friendly celebration featuring over 50 local makers & artisans. It will celebrate the makers, the dreamers, and community members who are making downtown Montgomery so relevant and vibrant. There will be musical performances from local school groups each day, a Saturday visit from Santa in horse ridden carriage, a “pay it forward” holiday raffle, delicious holiday cheer and more. Find out more here.
2. Capri Classics: It’s a Wonderful Life and Sockball Fight – December 8 at 7:30 p.m.
3. Cottage Hill Candlelight Christmas Tour – December 10 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For a historic guided tour, ride the bus with historians Mary Ann Neely and Dr. Richard Bailey which will launch from the Jubilee Community Center (Sanctuary) located at 432 S. Goldthwaite Street, at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. and includes the cost of the Tour of Homes ticket.
Purchase your tickets in advance.
4. 2017 Capitol City Christmas & Camellia Bowl Parade and Game – December 15 at 6:15 p.m., kickoff on December 16, at 7:00 p.m.
5. A Christmas Carol at ASF – through December 24
This isn’t nearly all you can do in Montgomery this season. Take a look at our holiday events listing to line up the perfect holiday event for your visit!